What is it about?
The annual SHINE Clinical Research Training Programme provides the opportunity for clinicians and basic researchers to advance their knowledge and skills required for conducting impactful, collaborative HIV research. This year, the programme will focus on exploring the best practices supporting each of the key elements of a successful HIV clinical research study: from study design, through to implementation, management, and dissemination of study results.
The meeting will be co-chaired by Dr Marta Boffito and Professor Alan Winston accompanied by a panel of international HIV experts who will lead the audience through a 1.5-day journey of highly interactive small-group workshops, panel discussions and plenary sessions.
Topics to be covered include
- What makes research impactful
- Translating HIV research into clinical practice and beyond
- The patient’s perspective in HIV research
- Hot topics in the field of HIV research
- Interactive workshops covering:
- Clinical Study Design
- HIV Cohort Studies
- Study Coordination and Implementation
- Scientific Communication
Who is eligible to attend?
In order to get the most benefit from this training programme, prospective applicants should meet the following three criteria:
- Current, planned or potential future involvement in an HIV clinical research study (e.g. Investigator Sponsored Studies, collaborative studies, cohorts, or company sponsored trials)
- Evidence of some, but not extensive, prior research experience within the field of HIV
- Desire to advance their capabilities relevant to conducting HIV clinical research
As such, SHINE is open to delegates of ANY professional qualification: clinicians and non-clinicians (e.g. study nurses, laboratory researchers, research coordinators/technicians, public health specialists, pharmacists)
How to register
If you are eligible and would like to attend SHINE 2019, please register by following the link below.
Please note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. We encourage you to register at your earliest convenience to secure your place. Travel and accommodation will be fully supported by Gilead Sciences Europe Ltd.